Saturday, November 13, 2010

Everything is Better Fried. . . and Covered in Sugar

So when we were in NOLA we did a ton of walking- not for exercise, but to walk off the millions of calories we consumed. Oh my goodness- there is no exaggeration for how fabulous the food is everywhere you go. Cafe Du Monde definitely lived up to our expectations with their super yummy beignets. WOW!

Below: So I got my sketching mojo working with the help of a few of my new favorite blogs. Cookbookin', has a November sketch competition going on that involves food, so of course I thought of my vacation to NOLA. It was hard to choose which delicacy to feature, but the beignets won out.
Above: When I saw Sketchy Thursdays 11.11 Challenge's super cute sketch I knew I had the perfect trio of pics to feature. My cute hubby LOVED him some beignets. :0)

More Sugar . . .

Get Picky's Inspiration picture has had me thinking for weeks about what to do. Finally, I stopped fighting and gave into the obvious because this inspiration pic couldn't be more perfect to show off our shots from Sucre, a sweets shop we happened upon in NOLA. Get Picky is quickly becoming my favorite blog site- those girls are talented!

Inspiration Pic:
My take on it:

11 comments:

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

WOW gorgeous layouts - especially love your sweet page. Thanks for playing along and for your lovely comments about Get Picky :)))

Karen said...

Great layouts!

I sent my friend for Beignets last week while she was in NOLA and she wasn't impressed...I'm glad to see someone else loved them as much as me!

Suzanne said...

Wow, Alecia, love the beignets layout, yummy! Great job with the Cookbookin' sketch!

Kristie said...

You do some FINE work!!! Thanks so much for playing along in the Cookbookin' challenge. Good luck in the drawing~

Sue said...

love the bright funky LO's

My Blog is now HERE

Anonymous said...

These are all wonderful! Lots of sugar indeed ;)
Love your take on the sketch! Beautiful orange background!
Beautiful designs with gorgeous bright colors!
Thank you so much for playing along with us at Sketchy Thursdays!

lisa said...

Love your pages. Thanks for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays. x

Keshet said...

You are on fire--these layouts are all awesome! Thanks for joining the fun at Sketchy Thursdays this week!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwww! I love love love all your lo's! I LOVEEEEEEEEE the bright colors!! Thanks sooooooooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Diana Fisher said...

Such fun pages!!!

Anonymous said...

Your pages are BEAUTIFUL and want me to get my scrapbooking stuff back out of the closet! I really love your NOLA pages!