Sunday, November 21, 2010

Happy Accident!

I have saved the best for last from our NOLA vacation- FUN & FOOD! We went to listen to the Next Generation Brass band that plays on the corner of Bourbon street before our Anniversary dinner at John Besh's restaurant, August. We had no idea we would end up front row for the St. Patrick's Day parade! I guess I stood out since I was dressed for a nice dinner and ended up with a TON of beads and flowers!

 I really hate my doodling so I thought I would make myself try it on this great sketch from Trisha at Sketch Inspiration.

What a fun sketch from Sketchabilities. If you haven't checked out their inspirational work- make sure you do! You won't regret it. :0)
I really love this new flower Audrey taught us how to do in our Fabulous Flowers class at Lonestar! I am on a roll with handmade flowers thanks to her. :0)


I'm pretty happy with how this page turned out- maybe it's the memories of the fabulous food we ate there taking over! I particularly LOVED this sketch from Sketchy Thursdays because it allowed me to feature several pictures. They have the most creative, challenging sketches! They are soooooo one of my favorite blogs! I added glossy accents to all of my lettering and made my flowers from a heart punch- so simple!




How could you go wrong with this sketch from Sassy Lil' Sketches?  The minute I saw it I knew I had to use it to showcase the beautiful bright Echo Park paper I have been using for this album.  I had taken a zillion pics of the signs for all of the places we ate, but I just couldn't figure out how to use them on a page, so instead I typed the restaurant names and created a colorful border around our pics.

13 comments:

Carly said...

How beautiful are these??!! Love what you've done with the sketchabilities sketch! So happy to have you playing along! Hope to see you there again soon!

Brenda said...

LOVE the Echo Park! What great interpretation of the Sassy sketch! Thanks for playing along this week!!

Kathy said...

That Echo Park page is fabulous! Good luck in the Sassy drawing!

Hayles said...

Looks like alot of fun and what a fun layout, thanks for joining in at Sketchabilities

Anonymous said...

These are all beautiful! Love your use of colors and papers!
Beautiful take on the ST sketch, love all those photo's!
Thank you so much for playing along with us at Sketchy Thursdays!

Deanna said...

Wonderful festive pages and love your interpretation of the Sassy Lil' Sketch! Thanks for playing along!

Unknown said...

beautiful pages, lovet he flowers..and colour combos, thank you for joining in.

Katie said...

Lots more wonderful NOLA layouts! Love that you used fun bright colors for all of them. Putting in all the names of where you ate in the last one is a fun touch. Thanks for joining us again at Sassy Lil' Sketches.

Tessa Buys said...

These are all fantastic layouts! I especially love the title on your Sketchy Thursdays LO. Thanks for playing along!

Keshet said...

I love ALL of these, especially the first layout! You have a great style! Thanks for joining the fun at Sketchy Thursdays this week!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh these are AWESOME!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE your style! Thanks soooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Diana Fisher said...

Awww... thanks so much for the love for Sketchy Thursdays. So glad you love to play along with us. Cute pages in this post!!

Unknown said...

Soo many cute LO's. You've been busy and it looks like you had a blast in NOLA. Great takes on the sketches. Thanks for joining the fun over at Sketchabilities!