Wednesday, November 10, 2010

On the Way Back from NOLA...

To make the trip home from NOLA interesting we decided to visit a few plantations. We were so fortunate that the weather was beyond beautiful making the drive was really enjoyable. Our favorite stop was Laura Plantation. We were impressed because the creole plantation was ornate and elaborate, but because of how each person there truly cared about its history and the former owners. if you ever are nearby you must stop!

I got my scrappin' inspiration from a few layouts I came across this week. I am always so grateful for the motivation all the blogs/nings I "stalk" provide. :0)


1st page: I pulled out my new stamps and added some ink to my pages. I also tried out an accordion flower for the first time. I sure hope I get better the more I practice! I'm excited about taking Audrey's Fabulous Flowers class next week at my LSS. :0) Thanks to Page Maps for another fabulous sketch!


2nd page: WOW! What an amazing, challenging sketch! I used my new flourish stamps on this page too, but dressed them up a bit. To the stamps and the rest of the page I added a few types of bling- Stickles, Glossy Accents, shiny ribbon and a few rhinestones. Thanks Sketchy Thursdays for the great sketch- super fun!

6 comments:

Lu L. said...

Two beautiful layouts!!

Lulo

Anonymous said...

These are both beautiful! I LOve the stamps and the circle of photo's in your ST one, beautiful colors and that ribbon is so cute!
Thank you so much for playing along with us at Sketchy Thursdyas!

lisa said...

Great pages : )

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwww! I love love love love your lo's!!! The Sketchy Thursdays one is AMAZING!! Thanks soooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Keshet said...

This is awesome--I LOVE the bright yellow! Way to take on the challenge! Thanks for joining the fun at ST this month, keep playing with us!

Tomomi said...

so beautiful page!!
love it:)