Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Adopting Truman & a Mardi Pardi!

The last time I was at my LSS I had to get a few sheets each from My Mind's Eye's new lines. This was my first attempt with them and I just love them! I also tried some paint which isn't my thing, but I'm sure I'll get better with it. :0)

The sketch came from Get Picky. This blog has the most elegant layouts and inspirational examples and I'm so glad they did a double pager this go around!


Chipboard, pearls, brads, ink, and of course. . . Glossy Accents!

I used my heart punch to make some super quick simple flowers.

I just LOVE this paper!



I was dreading scrapping the Mardi Gras Party the boys had at Daycare because how do you not make Mardi Gras colors obnoxious. . .I did my best, but WOW! they are bright!

This is another double page sketch from Sketchy Thursdays. They always have my favorite sketches and when I saw it was a double this week- I was sending the LOVE!

I made my own beads with rhinestones and my new white Souffle pen on this layout. . .I love those pens!

I has real beads on here, but it was way too much so I popped them off and covered the glue with the purple and white ribbon. . .much better!


I doodled away with my new pens in white and black on this page! With such a mix of papers I think it turned out pretty cohesive. :0)
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Gorgeous work!!! Love it all!!! :D

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

both layouts are gorgeous! I love the dark coloured background of your Get Picky layout. Makes the whole page pop :)

kathie said...

I love the coloured photos against the dark background of your layout. The colours really do pop off the page :)

Unknown said...

Great pages. Thanks for joining us at Sketchy Thursdays!

lisa said...

How Cute!
Thanks for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays x

Keshet said...

These are both great--love the vibrant colors! Thanks for joining us at ST this week!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I love love love both of these!! I loveeeeeee the photos and your doodles on your second one!! Thanks sooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Sarah said...

great lo's! love the "heart flowers" they're very simple, but beautiful!

Christine said...

Cute puppies and gorgeous pages! I love your heart flowers, they look fantastic!

Lou said...

Quite stunning against the black background.. your LO just pops!! Great take on the challenge!!
Lx

Audrey Yeager said...

Oh Alicia I LOVE both of your pages!!!!! You did such an amazing job with both sketches!! I love that first one!

Chic said...

Beautiful, I love the contrasting colours on the black and the look of drips coming out from under the paper. Gorgeous!

scrapbookertink said...

Stumbled on your blog, was not disappointed fab inspiration on here.